HUGE VICTORY for Saucedo teachers, parents and students!

HUGE VICTORY for Saucedo teachers, parents and students! Although CPS tried to intimidate us by sending 20 CPS security and network minions, we stood our ground. Boycotting teachers were able to teach engaging lessons, such as Gandhi and Rosa Parks’ acts of civil disobedience and non-violent protest. Students, who opted out, were not tormented with the anxiety of testing. Parents were happy to see their children leave school with smiles on their faces, thrilled that they took part in a meaningful lesson rather than mindless bubbling. This is the first “ISAT test week” that I have not seen a student cry or break down in front of me, saying “No hablo ingles. Por que tengo que tomar este examen (I don’t speak english, why do I have to take this test)?” or “I can’t read this, it is way too hard for me.” Today, we took back our classrooms, our schools and our students’ education. CPS, this is just the beginning.




April – May 2014

Pasi Sahlberg joins Raise Your Hand @ Chopin Theatre
April 26, 2014 @ 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
Finnish scholar and educator Pasi Sahlberg joins Raise Your Hand for a talk, Quality Education for Every Child; How do we get there?   When: [...]
North Side CORE Discussion Group
April 27, 2014 @ 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
CORE Discussion Groups Each discussion group chooses a topic and one or more short readings to discuss. More meetings may be added this month. Please [...]
General CORE Members Meeting
April 28, 2014 @ 4:30 pm – 6:30 pm
Send to Kindle
CINCORE DE MAYO FUNDRAISER! @ South Chicago Mexican American Club
May 9, 2014 @ 5:30 pm – 10:30 pm
CINCORE DE MAYO FUNDRAISER! Come celebrate Cinco De Mayo with CORE! Buy your $10 ticket now! In person or COREteachers.org Friday, May 9, 5:30pm South [...]
Send to Kindle